Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Fremont's Epi Center Apartments

Posted by Picasa Seattle's condo and apartment dwellers generally gravitate toward the popular Capitol Hill and Belltown neighborhoods. But should you wish to have a really distinctive address complete with gigantic free-form sculpture enveloping the building's corner tower, the Epi
Apartments could be for you. The studio through 2 bedroom units sit above a popular health conscious co-op grocery store and an ice cream store, and are right next to Peet's Coffee & Tea on the corner. The Fremont Bridge is just steps away, and the Burke-Gilman Bicycle Trail runs right in front of the building. There is currently construction going on at the intersection due to bridge refitting, but when it's over the very famous art installation that people love to dress up, "Waiting for the Inter-Urban," will be put back in it's place just catty-corner to this sculpture-clad tower. For a full view of the complex click here.


14 comments:

Kate said...

Although I live in a conservative neighborhood, in a conservative house, this REALLY is my kind of place, and I think that I would really like the Fremont neighborhood. Great photos.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Seems more like something Carlos might post, but it's very interesting. Hope it fits in with the surrounding areas okay.

Anonymous said...

Wow a beautiful building with coffee just and ice cream store just a stones throw away, built on top of a health conscious co-op store! What more can you ask for!

kaa said...

very unique design. I like the full view of the building. it shows how the building distinguishes itself from the surroundings..

Felicia said...

Funky design, you captured it well. I agree with Anne, sounds like the neighborhood has it all. And I see from your extra photos that it is a bike friendly area too.

Unknown said...

Whoa, I love that picture. And how cool would it be to live there?? A little pricey but great looking apartments.

Edulabbe said...

It would be very strange to live inside a sculpture!!!
Interesting architecture.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are great! I like all the bright color and contrast in your pictures, and you write really well too!

Ryan said...

I miss this area. I originally was enrolled at SPU for my undergrad work but left there. My wife attended UW so we still spent a lot of time around Freemont and Queen Anne. I love it there.

Anonymous said...

thanks for showing us the whole view, its an excellent art piece!

Liz said...

Everytime I pass in this blog I thinks everytime more that Seattle could be a perfect place for me to live :-)

I love Fremont neighborood

Ame said...

Awwwwwwwww Kim, great shot! Sounds like a place I could live...does it look out over Waikiki? LMAO! And that sculpture is just ASKIN' me to climb it! I HAVE to visit Seattle more often...been thru several times from here and there (Vancouver, Oregon, etc) but have never STAYED! But it's always so inviting!!! (=

Kim said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Ken, you are too funny! And Ryan, Liz, and Ame, anytime you're passing through this way, please let us know and we can wander the streets together. This is a fantastic place to live and visit!
-Kim

PS-hey, I went to SPU, too!

Eric said...

This is what makes Seattle different than Paris. We could never get away with such extravagance I don't think. Excellent photo here and in the more-stuff!