Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lighthouse Roasters

Lighthouse Coffee Rosters

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

It's iced coffee drinks and iced tea all around on this beautiful, warm, sunny afternoon at Lighthouse Roasters, a very popular Phinney Ridge neighborhood gathering place. Housed in an older wood frame building on a corner in a predominantly residential area, Lighthouse is as low key an establishment and as fine a quality as you are ever bound to find in Seattle. They roast on premise in very small batches.Their customers appreciate it .

6 comments:

Steve Buser said...

I miss having a coffee house I can walk across the street to. You making me wax nostalgic.

Pat said...

This coffee shop is right down the street from my daughter's place, and believe it or not, I always walked past with my dog and hers, but never stopped. Will do so this trip! You caught the atmosphere well!

Anonymous said...

I remember places that looked a lot like this where you could walk in and get a super sandwich. A deli with a difference -- hand dipped ice cream too. I like this photo.

Louis la Vache said...

These places that roast on premises are usually several cuts above the mass-merchants of coffee. "Louis" suspects they know how to make a proper latte, too. "Barstucks" baristas never know how to float the espresso properly so the crema permeates the milk correctly to give you that explosion of flavor. "Louis" would like to try this place!

Anonymous said...

Warm? Do we really live in the same city?

jonb (juan grande) said...

My wife and I had our first 'date' here. When it's nice out on the weekends, we go for walks; this is usually our destination.

I love their coffee.