Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunset Skyline Shimmer

Sunset Shimmer

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Even on a stormy summer day like yesterday the sun can come through at the end to throw a little shimmer on the downtown buildings. I was walking down a steep street on the southeast of Queen Anne looking southwest when I took in this view.

I want to thank regular visitors to SDP for their patience recently while we were away, and I will try to catch up on my visits to the other CDPBlogs. I had intermittent luck in finding internet cafes to upload posts and hadn't the time to mass upload scheduled ones. I couldn't pack the camera to take vacation shots for you either, so you'll have to take my word for it how I got a tan along the way. I dipped my toes in the ocean at Huntington Beach and fell asleep in the warm sun, rode one too many roller coasters with shrieking kids, enjoyed my mother-in-law's hospitality and toured her workplace in Irvine, visited good friends in San Diego and saw CCT's production of a new musical called "Alice" that I swear you will see on Broadway, it was THAT good. We took the trolley from Old Town SD to cross the border and eat tacos in Tijuana, drove to the furthest eastern point of California's Mojave Desert and floated my mother's ashes to rest in front of her home on the Colorado River, and enjoyed a lovely time of remembrance with her many friends before flying home. Many thanks to you all again for your kind expressions of sympathy!

10 comments:

SH -ic said...

city mood lol ..i take an off .. deep breath at the sea

Anonymous said...

This large version is pretty dang powerful. I like the collection of strong, rectangular structures and the - yes, the word was well chosen - shimmering surfaces.

Virginia said...

Wish I could get a clear, smog free photo of my city skyline. Yours is just perfect. Hope you had a great trip. Best, V

Pat said...

Was wondering where you were! Enjoyed your recent photos!

Laurie Allee said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It's great that you had such a lovely and special trip.

Jilly said...

Sounds like you had a memorable time away, Kim, and said goodbye to your Mama in a beautiful way.

And you return home with a stunning photograph of your beautiful city. the light on those buildings is just fabulous. You are able to photograph the detail of your world as well as the grandeur.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I love a city Skyline. Living on an island I do have a tendancy to have a penchant for a cityscape and Seattle has a fine one.

Eki said...

That's a wonderful, crisp, city scape, Kim.

Lisa Wilson said...

Wow, very pretty! Sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

this has so much color...the city should approach you for rights to publish. I love it.

Welcome home. It is often a trip we dread but long remember.