Sunday, September 13, 2009

Muralist at Work

Muralist at Work

Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

It was a perfect sunny day to be painting a cheery advert on the side of Squirrel's Buy & Sell recycle shop in Greenwood. This is artist and illustrator Adam Rosand at work. I happened to be walking by on an errand and asked if he would mind me taking a few shots. Adam works in industrial arts, set design, mixed media, digital images, portraits, as well as murals and signs. He is a student at Seattle's Cornish College of the Arts, where performing and visual artists from around the globe come to study. The squirrel reminded me of my Flickr friend Erik who lives on Capitol Hill near Cornish and often features the cute squirrels around his home in his photos.

2 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Very cool mural. I will head over and check out his work. And I agree with your flickr friend Erik, squirrels are very photogenic.

Don and Krise said...

Again, your timing was perfect Kim. I like his art and the whimsical cartoon-like look of the squirrel. I'll head over to Erik's Flickr page and check out his work. With nature being the subject it's hard to take a bad photo.

Great post.