Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sounders FC Passion

Sounders FC Passion

Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Like a lot of folks last evening, I was having dinner outdoors and enjoying the sunset at Gasworks Park. I noticed this couple dressed in Sounders FC regalia and holding aloft a huge flag. The woman took a few pictures then joined the man in facing the setting sun, eyes closed, arms outstretched, Sounders flag and neck scarf furled in the wind. I wondered if there might be someone in the distance somewhere they were posing for, but saw no one. They stood that way for about 10 minutes, oblivious to anyone around as if in a prayer of thanksgiving :-) (I read today Seattle had a 2-1 victory over DC). This is a sports town, for sure! Another shot of them is at More Seattle Stuff.

5 comments:

brattcat said...

Now those are good fans!

Virginia said...

Sometimes I have to realize that although we all have our favorite teams and we're devoted, other parts of the country are clueless. I'll admit that I"m not sure about this couple's loyalties but I can tell you I love this photo. It's just makes me smile and want join them !!!!
V

Dawning Inspiration said...

What a great picture!

Hilda said...

LOL! At least it sounds like a healthier way to celebrate than drinking beer ;)

Wonderful, joyful photo!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.