Thursday, January 06, 2011

If Owlsley Had Retired to the Pacific Northwest


If Owlsley Had Retired to the Pacific Northwest
Photo & Text © 2011 Kim- Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved; no use, alteration, reproduction or republishing in any media.
A fair trade coffee roaster in Port Townsend had a clever sign posted outside the business. I'm certain this is not the Bear's lair beside the stormy Puget Sound, but had to chuckle at the thought that java is as far out on the rim of mind altering substances as I've ever tried. On cold, stormy gray days such as this it usually induces in me a warm sense of being gratefully alive :-).

14 comments:

Maya said...

Mmmm, coffee! I'm having my morning cups right now on this dreary day.

Stefan Jansson said...

That does look like a place where I could enjoy a cup, if it was a bit warmer. Looks a bit wet on this occasion.

Luis Gomez said...

This shot captured me. Lovely! Have a great 2011.

brattcat said...

What an evocative image. Wonderful.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Love this waterside setting for a coffee shop... I can just smell the roasting beans from here!

We stayed at a B&B or small hotel in Port Townsend -- ah yes, the Commander's Beach House... we would go again!

Bisous,
Genie

Halcyon said...

This looks like a wonderful place. I certainly don't mind coffee with a view!

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
«Louis», being in the coffee business, approves of this!

(Reminds him of the "better living through chemistry" slogan of the '50s. Then there's the "better living through chemistry" as frequently practiced in Berkeley... «Louis» likes the caffeine better!)

Wendy Lu said...

You always seem to find spectacular scenery to go with your subjects in the foreground! Awesome shot.

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I've actually been to that particular coffee shop. It's one of the best coffee shops int the whole Puget sound area. That area does tend to be cold and damp. It's nice that that town's strip tends to have a lot of little warm shops to dive into and warm back up before walking in the cold again :)

Beth said...

This picture is beautiful!

TilburgDailyPhoto said...

I likt this view, very awesome

Marka said...

I bet their coffee is excellent.

-K- said...

I agree with many of the above comments - this looks a great place to enjoy some caffinated chemistry.

Jerez Sherry said...

What a setting for a cuppa!