Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Streetlight Scene

Untitled

Photo & Text © 2012 Seattle Daily Photo. All Rights Reserved. 

 The Ballard neighborhood of Seattle is known for many things. Among them, the huge vintage ADD BARDAHL TO YOUR CAR / OIL neon sign which faces the Ballard bridge and the Ship Canal. The sign looms above the Bardahl Manufacturing company's building on 14th Ave NW, where they've been doing business for 73 years. I took this Instagram shot with my iPhone from a few blocks away looking toward the back side of the sign. Last October I featured the front side here. Framed by the light and telephone poles and with that flare of street light warming up the blue twilight sky (and the obligatory kayak mounted on a Thule car rack in the foreground) I thought this shot captured a little bit of everyday Ballard flavor.

2 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Interesting light here!

Wayne said...

Bardahl? I haven't heard that word for decades. If anyone had asked I'd have guessed they were long gone.