Friday, December 14, 2012

Snow Is Back

Snow Is Back by Seattle Daily Photo
Photo & Text © 2012 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved.
While we've all pulled on our wooly caps against the cold this last week, the Brothers, a peak in the Olympics, is sporting it's own very snowy cap. We had such a lovely long warm Indian Summer that those peaks became very bare. That's Bainbridge Island across Puget Sound in the foreground and low clouds catching the last light of day on the Olympic Peninsula. As you can see below, I wasn't the only one out in Sunset Hill Park shooting the last rays of sunlight hitting those low clouds below the peaks. As I turned to go I noticed this photographer take several shots that included me in the frame, then go nonchalantly along. So, I returned the favor :-). Odd being on the other side of that equation.

Checking Out the Snowy Peaks

3 comments:

raf said...

Wow! That's the place I know and love and miss. Thank you! Super capture of the Olympics at day's end, Kim!

Kim said...

Hang in there, Raf. You'll be back from Omaha and those peaks will be waiting for you :-). Thanks,
-Kim

Stefan Jansson said...

Wow is a good word here.