Friday, September 15, 2006

Truck in the Window


The last sunny Seattle summer day, the older children are back in school, the metal chairs outside the greengrocer sit empty at lunchtime in a busy week when no one has time to sit and chat. Summers of my childhood recall riding joyously in the back of my father's old 52 Chevy pickup truck. Ramp up life to warp speed, Mr. Sulu. Here we go barreling into fall. (Click this link for a full view of this cheerful store front tableau at my More Seattle Stuff page).

7 comments:

photowannabe said...

You have a great eye. The colors and picture placement are wonderful.

Marie McC said...

Love the colors, the design on the table and the nostalgic feeling. Great capture! I liked the full storefront, too.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Lots of great colors.

Daniele Marioli said...

Good composition, very nice realise!
good job!
See you!

Sally said...

Lovely, Kim - the sort of shot we all strive to capture. Congrats.

Kim said...

Thank you one and all. You are very kind, and I'm glad you liked the shot. And Marie, we all admire that you get around to all the blogs to see what we are up to, and cull out some of your favorite shots. I feel very honored to be among them! It's also helpful for me to go through your Best Of Daily Photo weekly list (I put the link at the top of the CDP links to the right several weeks ago), as I can't get around to all the blogs, much as I would love to!
-Kim

rauf said...

Amazing capture of colours