Saturday, March 29, 2008

Snow & Spring Blossoms

Snow & Spring Blossoms

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

The cherry tree at Bergen Place (named for sister city Bergen Norway) is in full bloom and the tulips are tall with yellow blooms, yet the snow falls and people shelter under the kiosk's roof. It was wet snow and only collected on grassy ground and plants for an hour or so. If you'd like to see the first tulip in bloom this year in my garden, visit my Flickr page (link to the right in sidebar). Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

George Townboy said...

Great shot, I love it.

Janet said...

A lovely combination of snow and spring blossoms.

Ken said...

Makes for a lovely photo Kim.

Chuck Pefley said...

We do have interesting weather here for sure -:) Actually it's pretty exciting watching the progression and change. Not boring by any measure. But Kim, are you really sure that white stuff in the air isn't feathers left over from last weeks pillow fight? ~Chuck

Kim said...

George, Rambling, & Ken, Thanks very much!

Chuck, LOL, you crack me up. That's too funny!
-Kim

Troop 1309 said...

Very pretty photo! THe snow along with the tulips and other flowers in very pretty!

Maria Verivaki said...

i love the music you play on your blog - i have it on the whole time i use my computer just to listen to the music - thanks for bringing me into your circle of worldly friends.
http://haniadailyphoto.blogspot.com

Maya said...

I ran around like mad trying to photograph the snow on my lunch break. I haven't looked at the photos yet, so don't know how successful I was. You captured it perfectly!

Chow Down Seattle said...

Beautiful shot, Kim! Nothing like a spring snow, gotta love Seattle! ;-)

Southern Heart said...

What a beautiful photo...it's almost like the final bout between winter and spring, isn't it? We had similar weather here a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the daffodils covered in snow.

Have a great weekend!

Petrea Burchard said...

Remarkable weather, and a remarkable shot!