Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ani Plays Seattle

Ani Plays Seattle

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Indie musician Ani DiFranco's tour bus out front at the Moore Theatre last night as folks were waiting for the doors to open. They wouldn't allow me to bring the camera in, but Christine from Seattle Sound was shooting right next to me during the show and as it happens had the same camera/lens set up as me, so if you see her shots, it's what I saw. Way high energy show with lots of great new material mixed with many old faves, played to a sold out and extremely appreciative house.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your narrative about the show sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Jim Klenke said...

That looks like its one of those old style theaters. I bet it was a wonderful show.

Small City Scenes said...

Sounds like a great show. sometimes the pics of waiting folks are more interesting. MB

Karen said...

I'm a former resident of Seattle, which I posted about on my blog today, and stumbled across your blog, which I have on my blogroll now. Amazing pictures...makes me miss it more.

Chow Down Seattle said...

Great photo, Kim! Sounds like you had a great time at the show.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

Abe, Yes, fantastic musicianship and performers who really put their all into it. One of the best live sets I've ever heard.

Jim, Yes, the Moore is a lovely old jewel. Not as ornate as some her age, but still charming. The sound system could have been better, and I don't know if that was the house or the band's set up.

MB, Turns out I was in the front row on the guitar side. . .perfect for shots. The only three people with photo passes all were within touching distance of me. So, its like the shot that got away. The blessing in that is, I could be in the moment and just enjoy the music and not be preoccupied with a camera.

Karen, Thank you!

SeattleDMBfan, Thanks! Yes, I really enjoyed it and didn't realize until I was shown to my seat that it was in the front row on the right, so it felt like I was in the performer's living room rather than a large theater. It was the last gig of the tour, too, so there was extra energy going on.
-Kim