Monday, June 23, 2008

The Victoria 100

The Victoria 100

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

June sees a lot of housing transitions as people finish up school years, embark on new adventures with new jobs in new cities. Some new addresses are coveted for their charm and their views. This is one of them in a prime location. If contemporary condo living like the modestly priced Belltown balcony scene pictured yesterday is not your style, perhaps this is. The Victoria started as an apartment hotel in the 1920's and is now landmarked and restored as condominium apartments. A currently rented large studio on the ground floor is offered at $350,000 USD, and a large 2 BD/1.75 BA is $750,00 USD. (Image is degraded in Blogger; for clearer view, click here).

7 comments:

Jean-Charles said...

Whoa, first one!
I always wanted to live in an apartment building like this one. Unfortunately, my girlfriend, preferred to live in an apartment like in the previous post. I really like those apartments in the Capitol Hill area.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

the victoria looks very charming - I must say I enjoy living in spaces with a bit of history and character!

I love seattle but at prices like this don't think I could ever afford living there! I do have friends there so at least I always have a home away from home when I visit your beautiful city.

Susan said...

I wish there were more buildings in Seattle that looked like this!

Anonymous said...

I always love to live in a house which tells stories, and this is such a lovely place that I wish I could live in (afford) it.
Beautiful shot, Kim!

Louis la Vache said...

Modern architects seem unable to design buildings with the elegance buildings such as the Victorian have, and it's a pity.

In the same vein, modern architects seem incapable of designing churches with good acoustics. Case in point: the comparison in San Francisco between "Our Lady of the Maytag" and St. Mark's Lutheran. (Scroll down.)

Jenny said...

Hi Kim, thanks for pointing out that you're missing from my list. I don't even know where I got it from! I am going to delete it and just keep the live ones from the portal!

Marie-Noyale said...

Although I loved your idea of a "Balconversation"!!
This brick building seems pretty inviting..Prices don't look too bad!