Thursday, September 18, 2008

Alternative View



Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Sometimes I consider the tall clusters of broadcasting towers on Capitol Hill and Queen Anne (seen here) to be an eyesore, much like I thought of the giant Sutro Tower in San Francisco that used to loom over the hill outside our third floor kitchen window and blink at me like Big Brother as I prepared dinner in the evenings. I called it the Martian Tower. Sometimes, though, we can look at things a little differently and make out of their mundane and utilitarian form something more interesting, colorful and more pleasing to view. Not quite la Tour Eiffel, but still a bit sparkley!

5 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

What a wonderful blog you have, Kim, sorry i just look without commenting as I should. Did you know your photo is blurry? LOL!!
I have comments in my head but life grabs me away. MB

Barbara Rahal said...

I really like the way you present the Tower and this alternative view....the colors and shinny pinky dots against the blue are a great contrast! if I had no info I could say "oh the Eiffel tower?"... ha h ah loved !

Laurie Allee said...

Bokeh as subject! Very nice!

Bob Crowe said...

A very creative approach and beautiful result, Dreamy, almost hallucinatory. Our posts today have similar overall composition but different ways to overcome a literal view.

• Eliane • said...

This is so very pretty! Wonderful effect!