Sunday, September 14, 2008

Little Wheel Spin & Spin



Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

With the lovely summer nights we've been having, a lot of people are heading outdoors for some fun after dark. This little ferris wheel located in the small amusement area, the Fun Forrest, adjacent to the Space Needle, is slated to go by the wayside with the other beloved kiddie carnival-style rides, and that portion of Seattle Center's campus is to be redeveloped. Perhaps we should request a Seattle Eye be considered, like London's--something that can better match the Space Needle's stature, offer youth and families some fun, and provide another means of taking in Seattle's spectacular views.

14 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

My new favorite of yours. This is like candy! Beautiful, Kim.

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing photo!!! I love it!

Wayne said...

Wow!, Kim.

Virginia said...

I agree with those above me. This is a wow shot for sure. I want to be able to do that!

Pat said...

That's one beautiful photo. Ever since I freaked out unexpectedly on a Ferris wheel in Budapest, I haven't gone up on any again! I'll stick to the Space Needle.

Chow Down Seattle said...

Beautiful photo!

Moya said...

I can't believe they are getting rid of the fun forest! An afternoon of free rides there was the only reason I stuck with being a crossing guard as a 5th grader. Growing up 2 hills north, my family never went down there for fun & it was my only opportunity, and one of my only experiences, on the rides there.

Tash said...

this is magical

Rachel Sarah said...

Amazing photo. I wonder what they're going to replace the nostalgic Fun Forest with.

Maya said...

Your shots, as usual, are amazing. The sunset was awesome. These spinning wheels are brilliant!

I wonder if the breast cancer walker was one of the ladies crossing the street in my shot? Good for all of them completing the three days!

Janet Kincaid said...

Wow! That has to be the best photo of the Needle I've seen yet! Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWWWW LOOOOOVE THIS ONE!

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Well, what to say that is not evident. This is an ammmazingg picture! It was beautiful with the wheel already. But adding the tower just makes it perfect.

Becky said...

This is fabulous. It could be a postcard. Scratch that - it SHOULD be a postcard. What a great local shot to have blown up and framed and hung in a local restaurant. Well-done!!!