Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Autumn's Bizarre



Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

These caffeine assisted patrons at a nearby farm market were carefully selecting colorful gourds, probably for table display in their homes. I think you might enjoy seeing these in a different light as one of my readers in Stillwater, Oklahoma does. She has created a small gallery showcasing nature's amazing gourd art here. It gave me a whole new perspective on their forms and unique beauty.

5 comments:

Christina S said...

I've never seen such a collection of weird and wonderfully shaped gourds. Beautiful, and the colour in this shot is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kim for visiting my blog. It's always a pleasure to be here.

D-C said...

Pumpkins are such beautiful and funny plants. Very good photo!

Curly said...

It's amazing how much Halloween US style has caught on in the UK over the past four or five years. I wonder how many pumpkins the USA export to us each year now?

I have a small Halloween slide show to share.

Kathrine said...

Hi Kim
Thank you so much for the kind comments on my blog!
I really like this shot because of all the colours.
Take care and take more photos
/Kathrine