Thursday, November 13, 2008

Googie Design Roofline


Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

The 60's leaves its mark. The repeating design element of this roofline caught my eye in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. I'm calling this Googie, but I'm not sure if these geometric designs influenced by patterns in science and space age preoccupations might have another name. With a figure walking in the opposite direction of yesterday's shot, I thought I'd kick off a series of shots related to each other in some way or another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An interesting design considering the amount of rain you guys get. It all settles in those low places and I guess they keep the gutters in them cleaned out. Or it could be a mess. LOL