Saturday, November 08, 2008

Portland Daily Photos In Seattle


Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Hey, you know that face in the center! I passed on your many greetings to Meead of Portland Daily Photos (formerly of Mashhad Daily Photo). He was in Seattle today for a conference at UW with fellow Portland State engineering grad students from the Itelligent Transportation Systems Lab, Wei (left) and Ping (right). We drove and walked around in a light rain last night seeing some of the sites. When we stopped by Seattle Center, Meead was telling me about the beautiful new Milad Tower In Tehran (the world's fourth tallest) and how Seattle's Space Needle reminded him of some of its design aspects. Congratulations are in order: Meead won the prize for the outstanding presentation given at their conference yesterday. Many of us in the CDPB family love reading Meead's blog and sharing his adventures as an international student from far sunnier climbs who is spreading his own kind of friendly sunshine throughout the blogosphere. I'm wishing this big city guy from Mashhad well this first winter under Portland's gray skies. It was fun to finally meet and to get to meet his new friends as well.

7 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

How fun to meet fellow bloggers and tour them around the city and enjoy life. Congrats to Meead too. MB

Chuck Pefley said...

Looks like you had fun last night ... and we both chose to throw that tall icon out of focus in yesterday's posts. Great minds, I'm sure :)

USelaine said...

I love this photograph! They obviously felt the joy of your company Kim. I hope someday to share in some of your glow as well.

And cheers to Meead!!! Of course he's the best!!!

Meead said...

Thanks sooooo much Kim. Seattle is a lovely city: Sleepless Seattle!

You are a kind and lovely aunt. Last night I really felt that I have a family in the US; a big family of City Daily Photo Bloggers: Kim, Elaine, Dina, Bibi, Lynette and all the others who are so kind to me. Thank you all! I love you!

Dina said...

Hi Kim. So nice to read both versions of the visit. Good of you to host our "nephew" Meead.
Greetings to Seattle from Jerusalem.

Jilly said...

Wonderful to see Meead's smiling face, in company with his friends. I think we all know that Meead is one of those very special people and so good to read your commentary and to learn of his success at the conference. Go Meead!

Sarah said...

You do not how much I liked to visit you Kim.Now,I am happay that my friend Meead did it.
That is a wonderful meeting,as I hope to do it a day!