Saturday, December 27, 2008

Still and Bright



Photo & Text © 2008, Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.


We arrived home last night to a very quiet Boxing Day scene, having missed the height of the big white dump drama and the airport shutdown nightmare it caused a few days ago. The main roads and freeways are clear of snow now, but the neighborhood streets are deep with slush, and median turn lanes still have 8 to 10 inches to contend with.

I want to extend huge thanks and deep appreciation to you, Penseroso, for sharing your wonderful work with us this past week. You gave me a double holiday: a rest and a great view! Having sampled this brief week's worth of Ervin Vice's portfolio, I hope all of you SDP readers will indulge yourselves in a full portion of his hundreds of images (click here) as you have leisure to do so this weekend. Grab a cuppa, and point your browser here to begin a feast for the eyes. You will find his urban Seattle scenes to be highly original and drop dead gorgeous. And this news just in. . .check out his own new blog Alegro - Penseroso. Thanks to all of you who visited and welcomed him so warmly while I was away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kim!

I had such fund standing in for you that I decided to gve blogging another try.

Bruce said...

I can't believe this is the first melt in a week! Welcome to Slushieville!

abc said...

Hi Kim, great site with very nice combination of high quality pictures and interesting info to go with it. I'll be back regularly. I replied to your question on my blog. Thanks for visiting!