Sunday, March 21, 2010

Late Night Post Alley Inspection


Late Night Post Alley Inspection
Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.
Late last Sunday night a couple of guys were carefully checking out the current state of the Market Theater Gum Wall in Post Alley. I had taken a couple of distance photos of them from the top of the alley, and then I slipped in a doorway and attempted to frame them looking across the alley through the arch. Then this other guy walked into the frame and made it all interesting. I got so excited I lost my steady. The other shots I got of just the two guys came out pretty sharply focused for a night time hand held shot, but I liked this one, warts and all. Other shots at More Seattle Stuff. Hope you are having a great Sunday!

10 comments:

Pat said...

Haven't seen your other shots, but this one is probably the most interesting. The 'casual passer-by' makes the photo.

brattcat said...

Yes, this all comes together beautifully to elicit an emotional response from the viewer.

Jilly said...

Love love love this image.

Marcie said...

Love how you captured the blurr of motion. Perfect!!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Really cool!

Louis la Vache said...

Interesting shot indeed - it has a gummed-up Edgar Allan Poe feel to it.
;-)

T. Becque said...

I love the mood of this photo and espeially the blurred figure.

Angie McCullagh said...

Don't you love it when that happens?

Bob Crowe said...

Wonderful picture and fascinating idea. Never heard of a gum wall. Sort of like a graffiti-allowed area but with saliva and Wrigley's. There's a nice night flavor to this. (Couldn't help myself.)

I was wondering if either you or Chuck were thinking of doing the Fremont statue of Lenin for red theme day on April 1 (why wasn't it May 1?). Probably gonna do a Commie thing myself.

Virginia said...

Ahhh Kim, the decisive moment indeed. HCB is smiling down on you. Terrific shot.
V