Wednesday, May 12, 2010

iPhone Wednesday # 43: Amazon Rising


iPhone Wednesday # 42:  Amazon Rising
Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.
A few weeks ago I showed you a distance shot of South Lake Union from Gas Works Park to the north in which you could see some of the giant new campus of Amazon.com being erected which spans four city blocks. Here is a closer look at some of the multiple buildings in this project as seen from the south. I took this with my iPhone, and tomorrow I'll show you some shots of the entire site I took with my real camera :-) and a long lens from a nearby hill to give you an overview of the entire campus and its various stages of completion to date. as you can see, it was blue skies with clouds yesterday and nearly 70 F.

It's my iPhone Wednesday shot for you where the image and any editing is done all in the iPhone using one or more available apps.

7 comments:

Tash said...

I like the geometric composition so much! I couldn't believe all the construction in that area when we stayed at the south end of Lake Union in 2008. Looks like the buildings keep on sprouting.
PS - I noticed your Rain for Rent...I found one in Long Beach also earlier this year.

Pat said...

Like the angle of this shot....will this be only office space? Or can you go in and actually buy a book?

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» really enjoys your iPhone photo series, Kim.
;-D

cieldequimper said...

Arggghhhh! Don't talk to me about Amazon. They are saying my credit card is invalid and my bank says something's wrong with Amazon's system because my credit card is perfectly allright. So basically, I can't PAY!! Sorry!!! I'm in a bad mood!! ;-) I like the angle of your shot!

Don and Krise said...

Very cool Kim. Can't wait for the rest of the shots. Man this place is big.

Unknown said...

Excellent Job, the place still looks like a prison. LOL

Carraol said...

Ahh, love the angle of this photograph (shot, picture, pic, catch, post, capture) the impression or visual impact are superb! Thanks Kim, your comments are a prize to me!