Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seeking Color on a Gray Day


Seeking Color on a Gray Day
Photo & Text © 2011 Kim- Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved; no use, alteration, reproduction or republishing in any media.
I ran into a Seattle Flickr photo friend in the colorful El Diablo Coffee Company on Queen Anne Hill. I just had to catch this candid of him in this colorful setting with my iPhone, and said hello after I'd taken the shot. I've run into him before while out and about taking photos around town (you can see his back and camera bag in SDP's 3rd anniversary photo here). Like me, he is seldom without his camera. He posts great shots of the city in his Flickr stream, but his main focus is chronicling the colorful burlesque performance community in Seattle. We were both grabbing an espresso in this Cuban coffee shop which, as you can see, makes its own sunshine for a rainy day :-).

IMG_0095IMG_0094

3 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Coffee and colors are always welcome!

Chuck Pefley said...

El Diablo is definitely full of color! Love (too much) their desserts, too -:)

Jenkitty said...

Hey, it's not often you see pictures OF him!

Wow, he's cute. :)



(Disclaimer: I'm his girlfriend.)