Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hanging With Mom @ Work

Haning With Mom @ Work
Photo & Text © 2011 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved. No use, reproduction, alteration, "pinning" on visual collections websites or republishing in any media.
This girl was winding up a long day of helping her mom arrange and sell flowers at a neighborhood farmers market. Her family grows those gorgious blooms and trucks them to market. Huge bouquets of fresh picked blooms range from $10 to $15. Do you remember yourself at this age, helping your parents?

6 comments:

Maya said...

She doesn't look very happy about it. I don't blame her. I spent one day selling flowers at the Market once filling in for someone. It was not fun. My hands were dyed orange at the end of the day!

Stefan Jansson said...

I probably did some work in our greenhouses, but I don't remember much about it. I'm sure this girl is a bit tired, you should have asked her for a portrait, that would have made her day.

brattcat said...

I'd be delighted to carry home one of those bouquets and I bet she lights up like a star when she's interacting with customers.

Montreal Photo Daily said...

She probably wishes she was out with her girlfriends, shopping or something. Hope she knows what a wonderful job she has, to be surrounded by these cheerful and colorful flowers.
Have a great day, Kim! Hope it's not too hot in Seattle. With humidity, Montreal may be as hot as 45 C. today! :S :S

Pat said...

She doesn't look too happy! But those bouquets are a steal at that price.

I'm back blogging now, I hope,, with some regularity. I have news...see my photos last week, beginning Tuesday....

Anonymous said...

My folks didn't have a small business as this family does... but I remember many, many hours spent doing other things for the family... like hours weeding the vegetable garden so it would provide food for the winter... didn't like the work but I enjoyed the canned food... this girl looks a bit bored, sometimes chores are like that! ;-)