Friday, January 06, 2012

Winter Color

IMG_1782
Photo & Text © 2012 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved. No use, reproduction, alteration or republishing in any media.
A friend at work celebrates Epiphany and Russian Christmas on January 6th and 7th, so when I noticed this colorful store, bright against the blue sky with its Christmas display I thought I'd post the shot. Steffe in Haninge, Sweden dropped me a note to say he owns the candle set you see at center. But this store is not in Sweden. It is in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, famous for its pride in Nordic heritage. The store specializes in goods and foods from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Iceland, thus the display of flags from those countries. Truth be told, I'm saving up all the sunlight and color I can to get me through the abundant January gray sky moments. So enjoy the color, sunlight and shadows :-).

2 comments:

Tash said...

My mom is Serbian Orthodox and we celebrated Christmas again on Saturday. Fantastic color in this shot.
I wish you and yours a very happy 2012. May all your resolutions come true...since I am always late, I should have mine figured out by the Orthodox New Year. :)

Word Verif: redstor (I am not making it up!)

Kim said...

Too funny, Tash!
Thank you, and good luck getting your resolutions picked out in time :-). good to hear from you. (I heard it was 87 there the other day!)
-Kim