Friday, April 27, 2012

Economy of Scale

IMG_8719
Photo & Text © 2012 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved. No use, reproduction, alteration or republishing in any media.
I was not the only photographer wandering around the base of the Fremont neighborhood's colossal Lenin statue late in the evening. I, however, did not have my tripod with me. This guy got some super night shots with his. His presence allows me to show you the scale of this controversial statue that is considered a neighborhood art novelty rather than a political work (full story here of how this 16' bronze cast in 1988 came from Slovakia to reside in Washington State in 1994). As huge as he is, this is only the second largest sculpture in Fremont. The Fremont Troll (shown here) is two feet taller and much, much wider.

No comments: