Saturday, December 29, 2012

Unicycler

Unicycler by Seattle Daily Photo
Photo & Text © 2012 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved.
This was the first time I'd come across someone riding a unicycle around Greenlake. He's well equipped for an unexpected dismount :-). The popular almost 3 mile path around the lake usually boasts an abundance of walkers, runners, bicyclers, roller bladers, dogs being walked, and strollers being pushed. I guess its safe to say he's unique in his choice of workout equipment today. But there are lots of unicycle riders around Seattle, and they do meet up at Greenlake, I've just not run into them there (lots of other places, though). Are you starting to think about fitting more movement into your new year's routines? What activities might you like to try to spice up your workouts? This will NOT be one for me, even if I wore the protective gear. Give me two wheels, thank you very much :-).

4 comments:

Bob Crowe said...

We've walked that trail with our friend Jessie from Wallingford but I don't think I'd try it this way, either. What could spice up my workouts? Less work, a lot less.

Kim said...

LOL, Bob! Someday soon, I hope the less work ethic kicks in for good :-).

Stefan Jansson said...

I would end up at the emergency room if I tried this. I will stick to my normal bicycle.

Kim said...

I'm with you, Steffe. If someone's going to learn this, this guy's equipment is the way to go to make the ER bill a minimum cost affair :-).