Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Applied Urban Geometry


Photo & Text Copyright 2007 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Not quite your Paris rooftop scene, eh? Here are four Seattle buildings which are actually far apart, but my zoom compressed the feel to make them seem as if they were next to each other. I shot this from the 17th floor of a building on First Hill, looking west toward downtown. In the foreground are the mechanical structures on the roof of an old apartment building, just past those are the reflective windows and pink stone face of a high rise, a Louvre-like pyramid roof cap is beyond that, and furthest away the concrete and window bands of an office building. I liked all the geometric shapes that compose the pieces.

1 comment:

Z said...

I missed this during my last cruise-through. I really like this composition.