Thursday, February 21, 2008

Recycle, Reuse

Plymouth Pillars Park

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

These giant limestone pillars were salvaged from the demolition of Plymouth Congregational Church in 1966 when I-5 freeway construction went through the Pike/Pine corridore. They now serve as the centerpiece of Plymouth Pillars Park and frame the view seen in yesterday's photo. Note the Authentic Pacific Northwest moss at the top of the pillars. . .and that's the south face!

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the first round of Metroblogging Seattle's blog poll! SDP came out a bit ahead of the wonderful Georgetown and Mid Beacon Hill neighborhood blogs. Now SDP is pitted against a popular art blog named Glitter Pissing.

New Round: Please click here to vote again in this latest round if you would care to support Seattle Daily Photo in Metroblogging Seattle's 2nd Tournament of Blogs.

5 comments:

Sally said...

I was wondering a bit how a Greek temple ended up in Seattle :-)

Sorry I have not dropped in much lately; haven't been too well - just able to maintain my own daily postings. But hopefully I am on the mend again.

Mike said...

I was just there! I found a great little coffee place a couple of blocks east of here on Pine. Stumptown is the place. I was thinking about Daily Photo while strolling through Seattle. It is cool to think you might have been right around the corner.

Kim said...

Sally, I'm glad to hear you are on the mend and hope you're feeling your very best soon. Thanks much for stopping by!!!

Mike, You are always on the lookout for a great cuppa joe. Someday I'm sure I will show up in some coffee house and see this dude in a utilikilt and say, "Mike? Zat u?" ;^)
Glad you were exploring!
-Kim

Chuck Pefley said...

Hmm, those columns have been on my shoot list for years. Somehow I just never get around to them. As for Stumptown, a great little coffeehouse! -Chuck

Anonymous said...

Those columns are beautiful--I'm glad Seattle kept them. I was wondering, do you know where those giant finials are from; the ones hanging out in the dog park nearby? They reminded me of the ones I saw behind the Paramount after they tore down the Emerald Theatre.