Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Salmon Under Seattle's Aurora Bridge

Actually, make that a grey whale, a three-masted tall ship, and some salmon against the sun and sky beneath the Aurora Avenue (George Washington) Bridge in the Fremont district. I took this shot of a whimsical handcrafted fence at History House of Greater Seattle, whose motto is " giving every neighborhood a place to tell their story." You will find the unusual and unique on display, and all of it really interesting. For instance, you can learn about one of those 50's roadside attractions called Hat and Boots that has distinguished one south Seattle neighborhood, which, like Fremont, is also known for its artistic community.

4 comments:

~tanty~ said...

Nice shot Kim! And I like the blue sky as always :)

Ame said...

Love it, Love it...I'll just call it a grotto motto! LOL! Beautiful art! (=

Kim said...

Santy- yes, I have some Capitol Hill coming up, just for you. Thanks!

Tanty- You are so kind! This summer has had SUCH blue skys. . .

Ken- I know you and I are going to be buddies. You crack me up! Hope to meet you and the other Seattle bloggers very soon.

Ame- Speaking of cracking me up, Ame, your wonderful and wild brain connections in your posts are always fun and delightful. You make all us CDP folks smile everyday. And thanks so much for your caring comments recently.

It's so nice of you all to visit and comment. I appreciate your taking the time and leaving your calling card! Best to you all,
-Kim

Meg said...

Auckland has something like that on the side of some of the new parts of the freeway. But not here, sadly. It's very attractive!