Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's In the Details

Thinking of Guy

Photo & Text Copyright 2007 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Everyone seems to be shopping in downtown Seattle right now. There are so many people and so much activity, one might miss small details all about in the rush leading up to Christmas. These are the door handles on the glass entryway of the upscale Saint John Knits store in downtown Seattle. I noticed the handles form the letters S J, and are reversed on the interior side. I probably would have walked right by myself, except that longtime friends of mine are in the family that founded SJK, so when the name registered, I stopped to take a look at the sophisticated clean lines of the store. It was only then that my eyes made sense of the handles. Wishing everyone small moments of discovery in this busy week!

3 comments:

Jocelyn H. Chilvers said...

Kim, thanks for the reminder to slow down and observe. I love "discovering" details like this!

smilnsigh said...

Fantastic photo!

And a fantastic moment of discovery.

Mari-Nanci

Kim said...

Jocelyn & Mari-Nanci, Thanks for your kind comments!
-Kim