Thursday, November 20, 2008

Alki Cheap Date Night


Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Lots of small eateries and cafes are crammed into a popular stretch along Alki beach. Many offer enticing specials for lunch or dinner. Now that our Pacific Northwest early evenings are darker and chillier, the lighted signs make a cheerful welcome to come in from the beach and the wide bike and pedestrian path to enjoy a warm meal. Might you head upstairs or downstairs here?

8 comments:

Pat said...

Either down or up is fine with me! Mexican food is good, yum.

Small City Scenes said...

It does look inviting. MB

Bob Crowe said...

I'd definitely go up, as long as the spice level is adjusted to Western tastes.

Although we've been to Seattle many times, my wife and I went to Alki Beach for the first time last August. We thought it was pretty interesting. One picture from there that turned out well is on Flickr at http://flickr.com/search/?q=alki&w=88921809%40N00 .

By the way, that strange white outline on the right of the picture with the lamps that look like eyes and a nose remind me of the Fremont Troll.

nobu said...

Those light signs are pretty.
Mexican dishes are spicy, It would me get warm.

USelaine said...

Give me Casa Feliz, pleeze! Margaritas and tamales and fish tacos. You're driving. 8^)

Belgrade Daily Photo said...

This place looks like fun!

Kim said...

What fun to read your witty and wonderful comments. I'm glad most of you found something to like, menu-wise. And Bob, it took me forever, but I so see what you're saying there. Clear to me now, and cool that you saw it!
-Kim

Becky said...

Upstairs. Though what first caught my eye was the yellow light downstairs and the silhouettes inside. I just feel like Thai food tonight...perhaps because I had delicious curry at a new Thai restaurant here in the WWV tonight. :) But I did have to think hard about my choice. You posed a difficult question!