Monday, December 29, 2008

What A Difference 30 Minutes Make

What A Difference 30 Minutes Make

Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing. No copying or use allowed.



Oh, hi there. I'm Shawn. I told Kim I would be sharing new pictures with all of you (actually, I should say "us", since I am a huge fan of this site as well). I have to admit that I cheated just a little bit for this first one though. I took these photos a couple of days ago and thought they would be a good introduction to my corner of Seattle; West Seattle.

As you probably already know, Seattle has had some crazy snow over the last couple of weeks. It was so strange to look outside and actually see snow AND fog, so I snapped a quick shot. Not 30 minutes later I looked outside again and saw an actual sunset. Since the forecast shows rain for pretty much the foreseeable future, I hope this is a reminder of just how amazing Seattle can be.

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

It's a good combination sometimes,snow and fog.

Anonymous said...

The sky is a beauty. You need to take the wires out. LOL

Celine said...

Very cool. I really like the differences shown in the two photos.

Laurie Allee said...

What a cool difference! IT's fun to compare the two shots.

Clueless in Boston said...

Nice comparison. In my part of the world in New England, there is a saying if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes. I guess it isn't so unusual after all.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm seeing sun and blue sky, and 40mph winds. Gotta love this crazy little corner of the globe!

Jane Hards Photography said...

This is why I am a photographer my profession, capturing the moment and how one place different circumstances can tell such a different story.

Hilda said...

Dramatic difference!

Oh, hi Shawn! ;)

Shawn said...

Oh hai!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments!

Regarding the wires, I don't digitally alter my photos in that way. Also, overhead wires are just how Seattle is, removing them would make that view feel... dishonest I guess.