Monday, May 03, 2010

On Tour: Bruce Cockburn


On Tour:  Bruce Cockburn
Photo & Text Copyright 2010 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.
Long a favorite of Seattlites, frequently selling out shows and having a loyal following here, Canadian musician and songwriter Bruce Cockburn straddled the Emerald City this weekend but didn't play here. Instead he opted for more intimate venues 2 hours north and south of here, on Friday in the state capitol of Olympia and on Saturday up near the border in Bellingham. I am a longtime fan and headed down to Olympia (Hi Don and Krise!). I had such a good time, enjoyed the concert from my comfy seat in the Capitol Theater (primarily a film venue), ran into several friends there and got to see a little bit of Olympia's cute downtown which was full of university students and other folks out on the town at nearby restaurants and other close by venues. Visit Don and Krise's Olympia Daily Photo blog for a taste of Washington's lovely capitol.

2 comments:

brattcat said...

I have friends in Olympia. I'll send them a link to this post. I'm guessing they were at the concert, too.

Kim said...

@ Brattcat: It figures that friends of yours might have been there. . .big affinity between you and me over a very many things. :-) Thanks for your visits and always wonderful writing!
-Kim