Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Wearing of the Green

Wearing of the Green

Text & Photo © 2011 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including downloading, copying, alteration, reproduction or republishing in any media.

I'm wishing everyone celebrating it a happy St. Patrick's Day! The Emerald City, like many major American cities, enjoys getting its Irish on with all kinds of festivities  from church services to cultural performances to stereotypical green beer at bars. There will be serious overcrowding in our several good Irish pubs,  corned beef and cabbage will be on special at many markets, and in years past, some streets have even been painted green. You may know several of our sports teams feature green and blue as their colors, so when the Space Needle flew the green flag of the Seattle Sounders Football Club and proudly lit the lights I made this image and thought I'd use it today as SDP's little tip of the hat to the wearing of the green.

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Oops, photo not showing here Kim.

Kim said...

Thanks Steffe. Used the horrible Picasa interface rather than Flickr to upload the shot. I just hate how buggy and inelegant Picasa has become.

lytha said...

oooh can i borrow your photo for my blog today? i'll link back a reference to your site (which is in my sidebar already).

such a great photo, i've never seen that. it would be cool if they actually lit it green today.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Bob Crowe said...

Cute! Yes, that's your city color, isn't it? I would not dare set foot in The Dubliner of McGurk's here tonight for fear of being trampled.

Kim said...

Thanks for your interest, Lytha, and I'm glad you like the shot, but must decline republishing elsewhere, even your great blog.

Thanks everyone for your comments today :-).
-Kim

CPS said...

Love this! I miss Seattle and am determined to live there at some point in my life. Beautiful!

jelly beans said...

nice photo and nice blog!

www.kamjey.com