Wednesday, September 12, 2007

See For Yourself

See For Yourself

Photo & Text Copyright 2007 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

A very sunny day in downtown Seattle. When I took this in the late afternoon there was an outdoor swing dance going on across the street at Westlake Plaza and these folks had decided they needed some sunglasses. The street vendor in front of Westlake Center held a mirror for them to check things out. I enjoyed seeing their fashions too. After an unusual less-than-blue-sky- summer, we are finally having some clear sunny hot days. . .but I hear that will change again by the weekend. . .sigh. Wear those shades while you can! For photos of the swing dance, see my More Seattle Stuff page.

3 comments:

jau said...

Your photos are fantastic, Kim! I'm so glad I read all the comments on Eric's "vermeer" photo!!

BTW, what camera do you use? If you're shooting every day, do you lug a DSLR all over the place??!

• Eliane • said...

Those shades are perfect for him. Grooovy!!

Kim said...

Jau, Thanks so much! Yes, I do take a DSLR around with me everywhere. I can be quite inconspicuous when I wish to be, and it doesn't seem heavy to me. I take walks through neighborhoods, camera in hand, trying to see all the ways Seattle defines itself. It's a great way to get to know a place!

Eliane, I have to agree. Tres Elton John!

Jay, Hey, I took a look at your site and bow to the master ;^). wonderful photography and lots of great info and advice. Congrats on a great blog! And good luck at WordPress. . .many of us in the CDPB community have had our frustrations with Blogger, and many did what you've done. I still have to mickey mouse photo display size in HTML to get the appearance I'd like, and in this photo it distorted things slightly-in others all is well. . .its a dice shoot always. Word Press seems easier to use. (Your Google ads are a bit off topic, though. . .for a moment I thought it was a religious site :-).
-Kim