Monday, May 05, 2008

Evening Walk at the Top of the Street

Evening Walk at the Top of the Street

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

A contrasting shot to yesterday's bustling downtown action, here in this quiet neighborhood scene I was slightly uphill of two women at the top of the street as they crossed paths at 7th Ave W, one walking a dog. Just visible underneath and beyond the blossoming tree is a tanker at rest in Elliott Bay.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is OK in black and white but doesn't have the punch the post yesterday has.

Lake Lady said...

The two posts together are a real treat...I'm almost glad I missed yesterday (for my niece's wedding...good excuse!). The comparisons plus the contrasts are just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Love your images. The use of large photos in your design really sets this site apart from most other photoblogs. I have added your site to my new project, ILovePhotoblogs.com. Keep up the great work!

Small City Scenes said...

Seattle is a great walking town with a view around every corner. MB

Janet Kincaid said...

Your ability to capture people in day-to-day activities is utter art. When I take pictures of people, they just look like people. Your photos ooze a story or two or three waiting to be told. Excellent photo!

Litsa Dremousis: said...

What a lovely black and white vignette!

One of my favorite parts of this city is the lively and ubiquitous dog population.

Jilly said...

These two posts tell such a different story. Both real life in action. I like that yesterday's is in colour to match the busy quality of the city and today's is black and white which somehow matches the tranquility of the setting.