Thursday, July 03, 2008

Seattlites Are Often on the Water

Sailing Lessons

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Kids in the summer sailing program offered by the Seattle Yacht Club formed up in a line quickly as I was watching from the Eastlake neighborhood on the shores of Lake Union. It looked to me, from the way they handled their speedy little Lasers and 420s, that this wasn't their first time on the water in close formation :-). Sailing, rowing, kayaking and canoing are all popular water activities that many Seattle families enjoy together and individuals pursue as serious sport, like these two former UW rowers who will be doing Seattle proud at the 2008 Olympics in Biejing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of them old kids got some big boats. Toys are different and depend on where you live. Here they got 8-wheeled tractors.

alice said...

Oh Kim, I've so many times played with these small sailboats, called Laser! A great fun but quite painful for stomach muscles!

D said...

The sailboats are beautiful. We love boating. My husband wants to learn to sail. I'm not sure how we'll do that since everything around here has an engine!

Small City Scenes said...

Yeehaw!!! Summer is HERE. Of course it is rainng today---also part of summer in this area. Yes? MB

Sally said...

Thanks for visiting me while I was away. I’m back now after a lot of adventures, 1000+ photos and the dreaded feeling of “back to real life” . Time to get back out ‘n’ about in Sydney now….