Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Freeway Close

Freeway Close

Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

These guys have a survivalist system that seems to work for them, camped in a rather idyllic little meadow surrounded by freeway on and off ramps and a chain link fence in the Northgate area. They stow their back packs near the tree and use the running water at the gas station across the off ramp for drinking and cleaning up. I've seen the police roust people in this area before, but it's usually occupied.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose they need someplace to spend the time. Nice shot.

Abraham Lincoln
—Brookville, Ohio

M. CHRISTOPHE said...

Good capture. Everyone need a place to stay for a while on earth

Virginia said...

I would imagine this area is preferable to the hot streets, sidewalks and underpasses.

Jilly said...

Good shot, Kim. I presume you zoomed in on this scene. Seems they've got their lives worked out - well to a degree. I wish them luck.

Jill said...

No 'will work for food' signs? Now if he had a laptop and were picking up stray WiFi / free internet access...

Barbara Rahal said...

Jesus, great shot...hilarious...sad...

USelaine said...

I hope you're doing okay, Kim, with your own ups and downs. I'm thinking of you.

J. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I didn't know anything about the Norwegian community in Seattle, but I am not Norwegian, so that might be the reason:) I really enjoy your photos:)
northcapedailyphoto.blogspot.com