Monday, November 24, 2008

Autumn Velocouture


Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Still sporting summer's cotton crop pants with her fall suede boots , this cycling lass is waiting for pedestrians to clear an intersection before she turns a corner in her downtown commuted home. The rain is just starting on this chill autumn evening. Two small cards adorn her front spokes, one has a great owl graphic advertising an event at Cal Anderson Park in Capitol Hill.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it is boot time there too. It is here. LOL. Turkey day coming up here and I guess there as well. Nice shot.

Small City Scenes said...

Typical Seattle. A friend from California just asked me yesterday how come she still sees people in shorts when it is cold out. I responded that anytime the sun come out people put shorts on. So true. MB

Jilly said...

Looks sensible for riding a bike. I love the colours in this photograph, the lights - the detail. Wonderful.

Petrea Burchard said...

Love the urban feel of this shot, the details and color. It's vibrant.

Pat said...

Another cinnamon shot! Love the boots, by the way.

Laurie Allee said...

I love the way you framed this, and the soft evening light, and that glow on the bricks. Those boots are great, too -- very Seattle! (Paging all former grunge rockers...)

J.C. said...

It's a matter of fashion. I remember seeing Shanghainese girls in shorts during winter but with high boots and hosiery!! It's better to be fashionable than warm for those girls. :o)

Becky said...

Though I know these boots are very "in" right now, it really bothers me how 80s they look. We left that decade (and its fashions) in the past for a REASON!!!