Saturday, August 08, 2009

Java Bean "20 Years Baby!"

IMG_8209

Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

Java Bean coffee shop in the Luna Park area of West Seattle had "20 Years Baby!" posted on its sign. They also have a shop in the Ballard neighborhood and are very popular, so happy anniversary to them. The vintage sign "The Shack" graces their red building, and I suspect it was salvaged from somewhere else by the owner of the Luna Park enclave of buildings that house restaurants, shops, and apartments. That lettering on The Shack sign shouts "60s" to me and is fun to see.

2 comments:

brattcat said...

It's a sign of the times, to quote Pet Clark.

Petrea Burchard said...

I wonder if your brother still eats that way?

Looks like I'll have to visit Luna Park next time I'm up north.