Saturday, October 03, 2009

In Fall our Fancy Turns to Yarns


In Fall our Fancy Turns to Yarns
Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.
With the distinct chill to the October air and a mission to find a special birthday gift for my sister-in-law, I was inspired to pop into Hilltop Yarn, now located across the street from its old huge location in the tiny diggs vacated by a fave creative boutique, Bouncing Wall, which recently closed after two years on Queen Anne Ave N. My friend Chris had made several pair of wonderful colorful socks last fall and winter, so that influenced my choice of some self-striping sock yarn, needles, and a sock pattern. Which skeins among these colorful soft beauties might you gravitate toward?

4 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

That's just plain fun to look at! We have a yarn shop here and I've never entered it. I don't knit, though I crocheted a hat many long moons ago. I ought to go in just to snap a photo.

Ming the Merciless said...

Love the bright colored yarns against the warm blond wood shelving.

brattcat said...

I'm partial to the earth tones. But it's the texture even more than the color I love most. My favorite thing about going into yarn shops is 'petting' the yarn to see which would be most fun to work with.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Kim I love your photo but sorry, not knitting for me. I never managed to learn (despite being taught by my mum) and never was interested.

But the colors and textures make this shop a great place to practice photography!