Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Patch of Reflected Water


Reflected Water
Photo & Text © 2011 Kim- Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved; no use, alteration, reproduction or republishing in any media.
A couple walks on the deck of the Washington State Ferry Spokane while the sparkling Puget Sound is reflected in the window above. This ferry can carry 2000 passengers and 206 cars on the Edmonds-Kingston route, a journey of 30 minutes. A scale model you can build is available here for $250. To see this route and where ferries on it are in real time, click vessel watch here.

6 comments:

brattcat said...

Don't you love riding ferries?

Halcyon said...

I like the co-ordinating green railing and sign.

Wishing you all the best in 2011!

Louis la Vache said...

Neat shot, Kim!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Kim -- I do enjoy the ferries of Puget Sound and I am a big fan of your part of the world. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Genie

Lynette said...

This is so great, finding that reflection. Did you see it before the photo or after you downloaded it? I'm curious.

Please stop by on Thursday, after midnight on Wednesday even, at Portland Oregon Daily Photo to see my first ever embedded video. It shows my younger son Leland bouldering at The Circuit in Portland, Oregon, as filmed by his older brother Lamont, who also boulders.

The Elephant's Trunk said...

I live in Kingston, so i'm graced with sights like this often but seeing it through your lens gives it a whole new beautiful feel. You're so talented. I love getting lost in your posts.

http://theelephanttrunk.blogspot.com/