Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Downtown Moment

Downtown 3rd Ave 4 block view in winter
Photo & Text © 2011 Kim- Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved; no downloading, personal or commercial use, alteration, reproduction or republishing in any media.

Busy 3rd Ave downtown during the 3-6 PM buses only use time on this street. I can see seven buses and a taxi, and pedestrians making there way across crosswalks at four intersections. There is a sky bridge which also crosses the avenue

Update: Wow, over 60 illegal downloads of this image! What's the big draw? Please consider this a friendly cease and desist notice regarding NO DOWNLOADING of these copyrighted images for any reason. I appreciate your cooperation.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I've never seen that many buses within eyesight all at once in Seattle before! Also: wow, I know what street/intersection that is! :)

Pat said...

Hope to see this soon.... Inviting photo.

Sorry for not commenting this past week--out of town!

Kim said...

Brattcat, I will plan on meeting you in the appointed place at the appointed time. :-)

Kim said...

Plothole TSI,
Yes, now that you mention it, there are quite a few buses. I think so many are captured because it is 3rd, a buses only Ave. between 3 and 6 PM, and because I used a long lens which compressed several blocks into the shot.

Hey, I just visited your website and noticed you used an aerial photo of Geology Chick's I posted a few years back on SDP as a basis for a background for your really cool drawing. See original photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattledailyphoto/1703599905/

Nice effect!
-Kim