Thursday, July 07, 2011

Ain't Nobody Here But Us Urban Chickens

Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens
Photo & Text © 2011 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved. No use, reproduction, alteration, or republishing in any media.

Urban chickens are pretty commonplace in Seattle backyards. These two, however, decided to keep an eye on what was happening in the front yard of their Queen Anne Hill home. This Saturday, July 9, 20011, Seattle Tilth is sponsoring it's Chicken Coop and Urban Farm Tour from 10AM-4PM in several neighborhoods throughout Seattle (all information can be found by clicking this link ). My backyard neighbors built an amazing coop last year. When I saw it taking shape I thought they were building an architectural model or a designer shed. It was really amazing, but I don't know if it will be on the tour :-). I just love hearing their beautiful hens' little happy sounds. They are well cared for and I think the neighbors are happy having their small supply of fresh eggs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these urban chicken coops too, and you're right the clucking of a contended hen is peaceful sounding... be glad they don't have a rooster though.. you'd might not be as happy about that! Lol! Thanks for your visit Kim... I really appreciate your photography.

Leif Hagen said...

I love the chickens! I know someone in my suburb who has chickens but she won't let me photograph them as they are illegal in our city!
Congratulations on your 5 year CDP blog anniversary! Bravo! Good luck with the next 5 years!
Warm regards from EAGAN daily photo

brattcat said...

I wonder if urban chickens speak a different language than their country cousins speak.

Julie said...

Nothing nicer than a chook pen.

Chrissy Brand said...

Nice photo- and congratulations on 5 years!

Chrissy
http://mancunianwave.blogspot.com/