Friday, January 31, 2014

Rehearsing for the Parade

Rehursing for the Parade by Seattle Daily Photo
Photo & Text © 2014 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved.
Gung Hay Fat Choy! Best wishes to everyone as the Year of the Horse begins! Seattle has been celebrating Lunar New Year all week with various events and will conclude on Saturday at Hing Hay Park in the International District with Lion and Dragon Dances, a children's traditional costume parade and many other festivities from 11:00-4:00. This is a shot I took while visiting my former city of San Francisco. I was walking in SF Chinatown when I came across kids from Lau Elementary School rehearsing a dance routine for the new years parade there. I remember how excited and proud a boy named Derick in my preschool class there was the year he was chosen to perform in the Lion Dance. I also remember how deafening the fire crackers were while watching him!

No comments: