Wednesday, September 05, 2007

No Worries

IMG_6845

Photo & Text Copyright 2007 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

This sea lion was sitting fat and happy atop its floating sun deck near Harbor Island and the Duwamish Waterway. We passed by within a few yards and all it did was lift its head a bit. Too full of salmon, perhaps? We saw a companion munching one in the water a few hundred feet away, accompanied by squabbling sea birds looking for tid bits. Of concern since the 1980s were aggressive sea lions feeding on rare Steelhead trout near the Ballard fish ladder. I felt encouraged that the Duwamish River, a super fund clean up site, sustains a growing salmon spawning cycle at all.

Click Here To Comment

3 comments:

Celine said...

What a cute photo. Nice find, Kim.

Rogério Freitas Sousa said...

very nice and diferent picture.

• Eliane • said...

I just changed my mind: in my next life, I want to come back as a sea lion, not a cat. I could nap all day, sunbath, bath, meditate, eat salmon and be a star in a photobog. What a life!!! ;)