Thursday, August 28, 2008

Still For Sale



Photo & Text Copyright 2008 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

It's overcast here and showers predicted for tomorrow and Saturday's start of the long Labor Day weekend featuring Bumbershoot, Seattle's enormous 3 day music and arts festival at Seattle Center. People will wring as much fun out of these last few days of summer as they can, despite the weather. I'm showing you this photo of folks enjoying a sail on Lake Union because the mast top of this catamaran with rainbow colored sail is actually pointing directly at Seattle's most famous houseboat (beige in color). You still have a chance to clinch the deal and own this piece of movie lore, as it is still for sale for $2,500,000. Come on, you know you want that lake view! ;^)

9 comments:

Felicia said...

Hi Kim! What a great location and a sweet houseboat! The deck is just as I remembered it from the movie. Now about that price tag...

Mo said...

Great pic! I can't believe they are asking that much. Oh wait, yes I can!

I hope you have some fun planned into your weekend.

Wayne said...

At first I thought you were trying to sell us the bridge Kim.

Laurie Allee said...

I had the same thought Wayne had! :-)

I love this picture. So much to look at and all of it so pretty. I'll bet it's fun to live on a houseboat.

Petrea Burchard said...

Would the houseboat be worth the price if it wasn't associated with the movie? It would be kind of nice...

Linda Reeder said...

I also thought you had a bridge for sale. Odds are about the same for my being able to buy either one of them.

angela said...

If the interior is the same as in the movie, I'll take it...

Jerez Sherry said...

As soon as I win the Mega Kim! Nice place, and a steal!

Jill said...

I imagine that Bumbershoot will include a lot of delicious, Seattle cuisine. Hope the weather cooperates.