Friday, March 19, 2010

Versailles in Seattle


Versailles in Seattle
Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.
Yes, you know these faces if you visit around on City Daily Photo Blogs. Cieldequimper of Versailles Daily Photo was visiting Seattle and stopped in @ the Market for tea with Chuck of One a Day-Mostly Seattle and me. It is so nice to meet blog buddies face to face, especially when they've traveled so far. MB of Small City Scenes of Stanwood was also going to join us but on her way discovered a fence down on her property and some of her ponies had wandered off and had to be gathered in and the fence repaired. The three of us chatted and noshed, talked travel and cameras, took photos (of course!) enjoyed Chuck's colorful photos of Italy exhibit at Local Color Cafe (click their "art gallery link to learn more), wandered through the market and visited Chuck's photography day stall, and ended by meeting up with Ciel's lovely mom who is also visiting from France.

15 comments:

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Wonderful photo. I begrudge you this encounter in Seattle. I hope I can meet James Mark of Whitby Daily Photo for a coffee in Sherlock's soon.

Gunn said...

I thought I have seen them before....
And I was right. They have some really nice and interesting shots on their blogs!! So pleased to see them, and also that all 3 of you managed to meet up!
Have a nice weekend!

brattcat said...

This shot, and what it represents, make me smile and smile.

Marcie said...

Such fun!! And such great colors!!

Jilly said...

How fabulous! I'd recognise Chuck anywhere and so nice to see Cieldequimper too and drowning in flowers. How wonderful! I love seeing blogger meet-ups like this. Sorry MB wasn't there.

Hilda said...

Oh how wonderful! You must have had a lovely time together!

Ciel and Chuck (love his beret!) look great in your photo. I hope one or the other posts a picture of you, Kim. :)

Noxalio said...

perfect!

Louis la Vache said...

Great!

Bonjour, Ciel!

«Louis» hopes you are having a fabulous time in the Northwest. He wishes you were coming to the Bay Area this trip.

Dawning Inspiration said...

I thought I knew those faces! What gorgeous flowers the Market has. I just may have to head down there for a big boquet or two!!

Chuck Pefley said...

What fun to be immortalized on Seattle Daily Photo!

Thanks, Kim. Always fun connecting with you ... and to discover you were Ciel's blog idol ... now that was special!!

Small City Scenes said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there. I am so sorry I missed.

Great picture of Ciel and Chuck.

Lovely flowers too. MB

Bob Crowe said...

These things are so much fun. I'm still sorry we missed one another on that overlook but I'm looking forward to seeing Louis la Vache and Carolyn from Oakland when we're in SFO next month. If I come back to Seattle will you buy me a big bouquet?

BTW, tell Quimper Sky to post some travel pix on VDP.

Katie said...

Yay -- world bloggers getting together is so awesome! Love all the gorgeous colors in this photo too.

Pat said...

Awww.... this is a great photo! As you know, I enjoy meeting up with photo bloggers as I did with you and Chuck and Alexa and Lily in NYC. It's so much fun. And in this photo, aside from their happy faces, I love the color!!! Hardly any here yet.

Copenhagen said...

It's awesome that you get to meet other bloggers.