Saturday, April 10, 2010

Alki Morning


IMG_7342
Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.
As you can see, we are still in the midst of a cold spring storm with a smattering of rain, clouds, sun spots and chill breezes (down in the high 30s F the past three nights). So, I've chosen to warm up from my outdoors walk this Saturday morning inside a bakery cafe on Alki, the scenic beach in West Seattle which is a convenient bus ride away from nearly anywhere else in Seattle. Hope you can linger over an extra cup, but I'm off to an all day conference now :-).

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Seems like a clever idea to shoot from a cafe. The weather in Stockholm hasn't been much better, but they say that the sun will shine tomorrow.

Davine said...

My last visit to Vancouver was the 1st time I had ever seen the bike rack on the front of buses. We don't have anything like that here in Australia. I think it is such a great idea. I know my comment has nothing to do with what you probably intended your post to represent but it was the 1st thing I saw.

brattcat said...

Hope the conference is stimulating and satisfying.

Bill S. said...

It does look wet and cold. Keep warm and happy - Have a great weekend.

Don and Krise said...

Sorry you had to spend the day inside. If you had headed south a bit you would have found the sun. It was out here all day.

Marcie said...

The orange of the bus is rendered all the more beautiful against the cold greys.

Bryan said...

What kind of conference did you go to?