Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Bridge #2: George Washington "Aurora" Bridge


Sunday Bridge #2:  George Washington "Aurora" Bridge
Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.
The Olympic Mountains were framed in the arch of the Aurora Bridge that spans the Lake Washington Ship Canal where it enters Lake Union. Traffic was zooming along Hwy 99 (Aurora Ave) at twilight. I took this silhouette shot from Gas Works Park a few weeks ago. Visit Louis la Vache's Sunday Bridge meme to see links to many other city's bridge views here.

8 comments:

Neus said...

Amazing sky colors! I love the contrast between the sky and the bridge.

Don and Krise said...

You captured a beautiful time of day here Kim.

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Very impressive shot, Kim. Amazing sky colours indeed.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful and amazing shot !! I Loved this post !!

cieldequimper said...

I'm so glad you and Chuck participate, I'm going to look forward to Seattle bridges on Sundays from now on. Love the ship underneath it.

Tash said...

I'm looking forward to seeing lots more of your view of the Seattle bridges.

Splendid Little Stars said...

beautiful! Perhaps I will post some of my bridge photos sometime. You have inspired me!

Halcyon said...

This is definitely the bridge I got. I think that boat must be parked there permanently. I love this sky! So pretty!! Maybe I'll put up my Seattle bridge next week.