Saturday, February 21, 2009

Land 'O Giants


Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

We have blue skies. Took this with my iPhone coming out of SAM (the Seattle Art Museum) where there is an exhibit called Edward Hopper's Women through March 1. That's the giant scale "Hammering Man" I've managed to behead on the left (full image here), and the Washington Mutual Tower on the right, its windows throwing back the blue of the sky and Elliott Bay. Hope you have a nice Saturday!

7 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

Oh Kim, what a blue sky, and the reflections, wow! And the angle is wonderful. I'm relieved I'm sitting down, as I almost feel dizzy looking up at it. Your photos are gorgeous... I wish I'd started visiting sooner. Have a happy weekend!

cieldequimper said...

The SAM is a great museum. I tried to take a picture of those cars hanging in the entrance hall a year ago from the outside but never really managed to. :-(

Virginia said...

I'm envious of your trip to that exhibit! Great angle on this one today and oh my , the sky is gorgeous. Bon weekend.
V

Juneau Alaska Photos said...

Greetings from Juneau, Alaska!
It's always refreshing to see blue sky especially after numerous days of rain, snow, or overcast.

The Seattle Art Museum is a definite must see when visiting Seattle. It's incredible.

Thanks, Kim, for sharing the link to the PI's article on Edward Hopper.

I hope your weekend is filled with blue sky and sunshine.

Pat said...

This is my son's favorite building in Seattle. I like the angle, just enough of the hammering man...

Jill said...

Very nice photo Kim. I do love the architecture of the WAMU center.

Anonymous said...

It was my birthday that day, and what a lovely day it was! And that happens to be my favorite Seattle building. Thanks for sharing!